Are you disappointed because your SEO copies fail to drive engagement and boost conversions? Don’t worry; today we bring to you 7 best SEO copywriting tips for 2017 by SEO Maestro – Brian Dean
So, let’s get started! Shall we?
Here we go:
7 SEO Copywriting Tips For 2018
#1 – Borrow Your SEO Copy’s Structure from Udemy
Everyone creates SEO copies, these days, but only a few remain heedful of ensuring a compelling structure for their copies.
Remember, without a compelling structure, your SEO copy is nothing but white noise on the web that Google searchers look down upon.
Here’s how to create a compelling copy structure:
- Log in to Udemy and enter a keyword.
- Pick a course with a lot of reviews.
- Check how many people have already enrolled in it.
- Once you’ve found a popular course, scroll down to the curriculum section.
- Smartly use bits and pieces of the curriculum for your outline.
Did you see? How easy it is to structure your content in an engaging and compelling manner. Now, let’s move on to the next tip on our list of SEO copywriting tips for 2017.
#2 – Use Brian Dean’s APP Method in Your Intro Paragraphs
Okay, you probably already know that your intro paragraphs can easily spell the difference between the success and failure of your SEO copy.
But it is a challenge to make your readers stick to your copy with your intro paragraph. This is where Brian Dean’s APP (Agree, Promise & Preview) method comes to your rescue.
Here’s how this method works:
- Start your introduction off with an idea or concept that a Google searcher will agree with. This shows them that you understand their problem.
- Now that you’ve got them nodding their head in agreement, it’s time for the Promise. Assure them that you’ll solve their problems and help them succeed.
- Finally, hit them with The Preview. Let them know what they are going to read in your SEO copy right away.
Now you’ve an intro that will make Google readers stick on your SEO copy like superglue. It’s time for us to move on to the next tip on our list of SEO copywriting tips for 2017.
#3 – Make Your Copy Title Clear & Description Compelling
Did you know? The Meta description and the title tag of your copy are as important as your copy.
If you want to make your SEO copy rank high on Search Engines, it’s vital to keep your title clear and description copy compelling.
Here’s how to do it:
- Write a unique and engaging description tag for your SEO copies.
- Tweak your title and description so that it emphasizes the here and now.
- Ensure that your title and description emphasize fast results.
Once you’ve finished writing your title and copy description, it’s time for the next amazing tip from our list of SEO copywriting tips for 2017.
#4 – Accentuate Your SEO Copy with Compelling & Engaging Subheadings
Okay, you already know how important your copy heading is. But what you probably do not know is that your SEO copy’s subheadings are equally important. You’ll need to ensure that your SEO copy has unique and compelling subheads.
Here’s how to make your subheads compelling:
- Use subheads with benefits mentioned right in the front and center.
- Ensure including a benefit in at least 25% of the subheadings in next post.
So, now when you understand how interesting subheads can instantly boost the perceived value of your content, let’s move on to the next awesome tip on our list of SEO copywriting tips for 2017.
#5 – Include “Bucket Brigades” To Boost Average Time Spent On Page
Remember, getting the attention of your readers is easy, but making them stick to your page is no mean feat. This is where Bucket brigades provide you an optimal solution.
Bucket Brigades are words and phrases that keep people on your page. Here are some tried-and-true Bucket Brigade classics.
- Here’s the deal:
- What’s the bottom line?
- You might be wondering:
- This is crazy:
- It gets better/worse:
- But here’s the kicker:
- Want to know the best part?
Here’s how to use Bucket Brigades to make your content compelling:
- First, find a place in your content where someone’s likely to hit their browser’s “back” button and add a Bucket Brigade.
- Start adding bucket brigades right from your intro.
- Don’t forget to use bucket brigades in the middle of the content too.
- Come up with interesting words and phrases to be used as bucket brigades.
Bucket brigades help you retain your visitors on your page for a very long time encouraging them not hit the back button.
Now that you know how to retain your visitors on your page for a longer time, it’s time to check out the tip#6 on our list of SEO copywriting tips for 2017.
#6 – Tread the Less-Beaten Path When It Comes To Using Keywords
A SEO copy is nothing without Keywords. And that’s why it is important to ensure that your copy has fair share of relevant keywords that can make it rank higher on SERPs.
But everyone is using keywords. So how will you use unique keywords in your copy?
Use LSI (Latent Semantic Indexing) Keywords. LSI keywords are a fancy way of saying: “synonyms and closely related words”.
Here’s how to use LSI keywords:
- Type your keyword in Google.
- Look for bold words and phrases that aren’t your primary keyword.
- Finally, sprinkle these bold terms into your content.
Create your own keywords.
- Use keywords used by visitors in Forums.
- First, SEO optimize your copy.
- Scan forums for words and phrases people tend to use around your topic and use them in your copy.
- Search for forum + “phrase” in Google.
- Skim the first few threads that you find.
- Add the words and phrases that fit your copy well and are most searched to your post.
- Add ‘Search Related to’ keywords in your SEO copy to make your copy more searchable.
Now, that you know how to best use keywords to optimize your copy, it’s time to get acquainted to the last and the final tip on our list of SEO copywriting tips for 2017.
#7 – Use This Final Trick to Hold the Attention of Serial Skimmers
Serial skimmers simply come to your page, quickly scan the copy and bounce off the page, adding to your bounce rate. Thank God, we’ve got a trick to make even the serial skimmers stick to your SEO copy like superglue.
- Add Quote Boxes. Whenever you quote someone, put that quote in a box.
- Include Sidebar Callouts. Whenever you have content that complements your copy, put it in a callout box.
- Ensure Section Banners in your SEO copy. Just add a custom banner underneath each subheading in your SEO copy to make it more compelling.
Over to You!
So, there you have it – 7 top SEO copywriting tips for 2017 to help you make your content rank high on SERPs and make Google readers stick to your site like superglue.
So, what are you waiting for? Start using these 7 best SEO copywriting tips for 2017 right now and turn your copy into SEO superpower.
Subscribe for free ‘The Offbeat Story Newsletter’ to receive more of such interesting and engaging videos, infographics and content delivered right to your inbox.