Last updated: 15th February 2017
The Offbeat Story (“we”, “us”, or “our”) operates http://www.theoffbeatstory.com (the “Site”). This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
1.1 We are devoted to protecting the privacy of the visitors of our website; in this policy, we state how we treat the Personal Information we receive from users of the Site.
1.2 By using the Site, you agree to the collection and use of your personal information in accordance with the terms of this policy.
- Information Collection:
2.1 We may collect/store and use the following personal information:
- information about your use of this Site and other personal information (including but not limited to your IP address, your geographic location, the type and version of your browser, your OS (operating system), source [referral, organic, paid, social, etc.], your duration of visit, your page views and Site navigation history, etc.);
- information provided by you when you download content/images/reports, etc. from our website (including but not limited to your name, email address, gender, date of birth, interests, and employment details, etc.);
- information that you provide when subscribing to our email newsletters (including but not limited to your name and your email address);
- information that you provide for matters related to publication of content, interview, review, etc. on the Site (including but not limited to your user name, your profile pictures and your post content);
- [information included in or relating to any e-communication or otherwise that you send to us or send through the Site (including but not limited to the content and Meta data related with the communication); and
- any other personal information, in addition to all of the above, that you voluntarily send us.
2.2 If you disclose the personal information of some other person (other than you) or use a third-party intellectual property, you must duly obtain a written consent to disclosure and process the personal information of the other person, in relation to with this policy. We shall not be responsible for any copyright infringement or legal proceedings that may arise due to your negligence or failure to obtain third-party intellectual property rights that provide you with express consent to use the third-party intellectual property.
- Personal Information Usage
3.1 We will use any personal information that is submitted to us via the Site for purposes mentioned herein (in this policy) or on relevant Site pages.
3.2 Personal Information collected from you may be used to:
- administer our Site;
- personalize our website, content, landing pages or other information for Site visitors;
- send you marketing/non-marketing communications, or the businesses of third parties that may be of interest to you, by post or email, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology;
- send you our email newsletter. The newsletter is only sent to you if you choose to get (you can choose to unsubscribe from the newsletter when you deem fit);
- offer statistical information to third parties. However, we make sure those third parties are not able to identify you from your personal information;
- resolve/handle or deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you in relation to our Site;
- ensure safety and security of our Site; and
- verify and assure compliance with respect to the terms and conditions governing the use of our Site.
3.3 Your personal information submitted to our site for publication will be published and you grant us the license to otherwise use that information.
3.4 Your personal information will not be handed or transferred to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing, without your express consent.
- Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1 Your personal information may be disclosed to our employees, government officers, insurers, advisers, suppliers or contractors insofar as necessary for the purposes mentioned herein (in this policy).
4.2 Your personal information may be disclosed to any of our subsidiaries, our corporate office, and all its subsidiaries) insofar as necessary for the purposes mentioned herein (in this policy).
4.3 Your personal information may be disclosed:
- if required to do so by law;
- if required for any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- if require to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- to the buyer (or prospective buyer) of our business or Site that we are (or are planning to) sell; and
4.4 We will not provide your personal information to any third party, except for the clauses mentioned herein (in this policy).
- International Data Transfers
5.1 The information (personal or otherwise) collected by us be stored, processed in or and transferred as per our discretion.
5.2 Your personal information as published at our Site may be available, via the internet, globally. We shall not be held liable for any use or misuse of such information by others or some third-party.
- Data Retention
6.1 This section (Section 6) describes our data retention policies. These policies have been carefully designed to ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in association with the deletion and retention of personal information.
6.2 We do not store personal information, processed by us for any purpose or purposes, for duration that longer than necessary.
6.3 Notwithstanding other provisions of this Section, we shall retain documents and personal information:
- if required to do so by law;
- if documents or information may be relevant or required for any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
- Information Security
7.1 We will take adequate measures and precautions to ensure the prevention of the loss, misuse or modification of your personal information.
7.2 We will store your personal information (if required) on our secure, password- and firewall-encrypted servers.
7.3 Any electronic information pertaining to financial transactions made through our Site will be protected by encryption technology.
7.4 By using this Site, you expressly provide your consent and acknowledge that transmission of personal information via the internet is insecure. We shall not be held liable, legally or otherwise, for the security breach, misuse or alteration of data sent via the internet.
7.5 You are liable to keep your passwords, used for accessing our Site secure and confidential, and you will not hand it over to a third-party.
8.1 We will continue to amend and update this policy from time to time by posting, updating or publishing an amended, updated or a new version of the policy document on our Site.
8.3 We may also choose to notify you of any or all changes made to this policy [by emails].
- User Rights
9.1 As a user of this site, you may ask us to provide you with any or all personal information we store about you; provision of this is subject to:
- a fee (US$ 10); and
- rendering of an appropriate identity proof (including but not limited to a copy of your passport or other Government authorized document or an original copy of a utility bill showing your name and present address).
9.2 We may choose to withhold your personal information, stored with us, to the extent permitted by law.
9.3 You may choose to unsubscribe from our mailing list and ask us to not process your personal information for purposes related to marketing.
9.4 By using this Site, you expressly agree to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes. You may choose to out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes whenever it may deem fit to you.
- Third Party Websites
10.1 Our Site contains hyperlinks to and details of third-party websites.
10.2 We shall not be held liable for the privacy policies of third-party websites.
- Personal Information Updation
11.1 We shall not be held responsible for any mismatch, wrong details in your personal information stored with us. You’ll need to inform us in case your personal information, stored with us, requires correction or updation.
12.1 Our website does not use, store cookies.
- Our details
13.1 This Site is owned and operated by The Offbeat Story.
13.2 Our contact address is:
13.3 You can contact us:
- by post, using the postal address [mentioned above];
- using our website contact form;
- by telephone, on the contact number published on our website; or
- by email, using [the email address published on our website].